Clinical Trials Unit (CTU)
- The AVPR will provide administrative oversight, leadership, and supervision for NYMC CTU and will work closely with the Administrator to develop the enterprise.
- AVPR will be responsible for all aspects of clinical research projects across the Network, including but not limited to: initial review of new study applications, communications with principal investigators and study teams, contract negotiation, budget development, monitoring of an education/training of EDCs (such as REDCap).
- Generate periodic status reports on active research studies for Senior VP and leadership.
- Develop and implement Scope of Practice and other compliance documents to continue the function of the CTU.
- Apply and maintain proper local, state, and federal license needed for the operation of the CTU (such as CLIA waivers, etc.).
Office Research Administration (ORA)
- Assists VP for Research in review, update, and development of policies and procedures for ORA functions, with emphasis on intellectual property and contract administration.
- Oversees the ORA web site and other outreach to the NYMC and Touro University System research community.
- Partners with institutional academic leadership to conceive, promote, and support initiatives aimed at encouraging faculty and students to pursue research and other sponsored program activities.
- Oversee the sponsored programs offices of New York and the Western Division (Touro University California; Touro University Nevada, Lovelace Biomedical Research Institute).
- Work closely with the Director, Human Subjects Administration and Institutional Review Board committees.
- Interface for candidate companies, client firms, service providers, and the NYMC/Touro community and responsible for managing the operations, planning, marketing, strategic direction, and development of BioInc and supporting the correlative aspects of the TruMada initiative.
- Work with BioInc tenants to optimize their development and commercial opportunities.
- Solicit new tenants and maintain a robust portfolio of innovative companies.
Department of Comparative Medicine (DCM)
- AVPR will work with Director of DCM for the implementation of the program of animal care and use.
- Serve in the Institutional animal care and use committee (IACUC).
- Work with DCM to maintain all federal and local registrations and licensures and maintain AAALAC-International accreditation and remain in good standing with regulatory agencies.
- Assist in preparation and management of department budget for OVPR, DCM, BioInc, CTU, Environmental Health and Safety, Biosafety Level -3 Laboratory, ORA, and Touro University Office of Sponsored Projects budgets.
- Prepare and implement financial plans, forecasts, and budgets.
- Negotiate contracts and agreements with vendors and other companies.