The Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for the planning and overseeing of compliance and operational audits, investigations, and special projects. This position will participate in the risk assessment process to identify the key areas requiring review and review and perform the planning, fieldwork and reporting phases of an audit engagement. The Internal Audit Senior will evaluate the adequacy of internal controls and operational effectiveness, accuracy in compliance with all applicable directives and regulations. This role requires in depth knowledge of audit practices and must be detailed orientated, analytical, and reliable, with strong organizational skills, as well as expertise in risk management and compliance.
The Senior Internal Auditor's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Must understand internal auditing theories and techniques, including types of controls and testing procedures as well as related work paper standards.
2. Assess operational control environment in order to manage and perform internal audits and consultative/special projects.
3. Assist with investigations, included, but not limited to, gathering information documentation, interviews, analysis and reporting.
4. Perform risk-based audit/consultative fieldwork, included, but not limited to: risk assessment, conducting meetings, walkthroughs, process maps, and create sufficient audit workpapers to support findings and recommendations.
5. Obtain, analyze and evaluate internal and external documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts, regulatory pronouncements, etc.
6. Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process.
7. Identify process improvement opportunities or best practices to strengthen the internal control environment, including cost saving opportunities.
8. Follow up periodically with the auditees to determine implementation of prior audit recommendations.
9. Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations.
10. Maintain open communication with management and audit committee.
11. Update the internal audit department website when necessary.
12. Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
13. Oversee, guide, and mentor interns, volunteers, and junior staff to allocate responsibility during the audit engagement process.
14. Perform administrative responsibility, including, but not limited to, scheduling meeting, submission of travel and expense reimbursement, ordering supplies, presenting presentations, etc.
15. Review team members work for accuracy and compliance to the internal and external professional standards.
16. Perform effective risk assessments to develop the annual audit plan.
17. Assist the Internal Audit Management team with special projects/presentations, including, but not limited to, enterprise risk management, quarterly audit committee presentations, and internal audit presentations.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities