The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Leadership and Recruitment:
- Collaborate with the Associate Dean for Clinical Affairs, Vice Dean, and Dean to recruit key clinical leadership positions, including the Director of Clinical Education, Director of Clinical Operations, and Clinical Faculty at the New Mexico Campus.
2.Clinical Program Oversight:
- Ensure the effective operation of the clinical program at the New Mexico Campus, including enforcing operational policies and coordinating patient care programs in collaboration with the Director of Clinical Education.
3. Compliance and Protocols:
- Coordinate clinical protocols with TCDM clinical policies and ensure alignment with clinical operations in New York to ensure compliance with billing, infection prevention protocols, and quality assurance.
- Establish and maintain communication channels for consistent monitoring of protocols across all clinical practices and environments.
4. Accreditation Standards:
- Take direct accountability for adherence to Accreditation Standards in New Mexico, specifically in the areas of clinical education and quality assurance.
5. Calibration and Student Progress:
- Ensure that Clinical Practice Leaders and Directors of various clinical specialties are calibrated with TCDM protocols.
- Monitor clinical coverage, coordinate activities, and maintain records on student progress toward competency.
- Oversee the monitoring of student progress within clinics and report on their competency achievement to the Academic Dean.
6. Participation in Committees:
- Serve as a member of the TCDM Clinical Policy Committee, chaired by the Assistant Dean for Clinical Education, for the development of Clinical Policies, Procedures, and Protocols.
- Build consensus on clinical policies and procedures within the academic setting through effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication.
- Review policies developed by sub-committees and forward them to the Clinical Policy Committee for approval.
7. Clinical Care Responsibilities:
- Fulfill clinical care responsibilities within Touro Dental Health.
8. Other tasks and duties as may be assigned in support of the mission of the school.