The clerkship director will be responsible for the education of the medical students assigned to third year core clerkship rotations at the hospital. Serve as the Primary Mentor and Core Discipline Clerkship Director for students at affiliate sites; function as administrative & educational liaison to the TouroCOM Department of Clinical Education and the DMEs for the respective core 3rd year clerkship. Assist students with career development and academic support.
• Collaborate with the Clinical Deans and Clerkship Directors at Middletown to develop the curriculum and syllabi for 3rd year core clerkships.
• Identify relevant resources and utilize technology mediated resources to develop required core academic content to ensure standardization of curricular delivery.
• Organize, coordinate and promote remote lecture series for the clerkship in line with College guidelines, and work with the Clinical Dean for Continuous Quality Improvement.
• Identify core patient diagnoses and procedures for student Patient Logs (diagnoses and procedures) for each to student to see, participate in, or learn about while on the clerkship.
• Facilitate planning and implementation of hospital-based faculty development in collaboration with the College.
• Take the National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners (NBOME) Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Achievement Test (COMAT) Practice Questions in the respective discipline; and utilize NBOME resources for course development.
• Participate in meetings at least 2 times per semester with the DMEs, Dean, Clinical Dean and Clinical Education Coordinators.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities